Clinical and consulting Psychology
About Cal Paterson
Dr. Cal Paterson f.a.c.p.a., clinical and supervising psychologist
- AHPRA registered Clinical Psychologist.
- AHPRA registered Psychology Supervisor.
- Partner, Calliope Therapy Centre in Annandale, Sydney.
- Founding Member, Australian Clinical Psychology Association.
- Member, International Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration (SEPI).
- Associate Member, Couple and Family Psychotherapy Association of Australasia.
- Principal Psychologist, Bodychanges Psychology.
"I have been working as a psychologist with individuals, couples, families and organisations since 1997. I have presented papers and workshops, in Australia and overseas, on topics including Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy techniques, patient factors affecting treatment outcome, working with parents and carers of people with disabilities, psychology and health, personality disorders, working with couples, and Psychotherapy Integration. I have published research articles and book chapters on topics ranging from infant-directed speech, to therapy for parents of children with disabilities, to psychotherapy integration. I work from an Integrative Clinical Psychotherapy model, identifying and matching treatment techniques from a range of theoretical models to the individual needs of the patient. My clinical doctoral thesis involved research into this approach. I presented findings from my research at the 2007 SEPI Conference in Lisbon, Portugal. I began working as a Psychologist in Parramatta in 1998, and have worked with individuals, families and organisations across NSW and occasionally interstate ever since."